Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Here comes the Sun

This morning I bought the Toronto Sun – with my own money – for the first time in my life, entirely on the strength of the cover. I think I walked by it three times before finally conceding defeat and digging out some quarters while giggling like a schoolgirl.

Here's the Sun's wise, informed, and nuanced take on North Korea's nuclear sabre-rattling:


This isn't quite up to the level of their post-9/11 cover, which was just a picture of the exploding WTC and the word "BASTARDS!", but it's close.

I also think it would have worked better to put "SCARIER" in a creepy-looking, italicized typeface, a la Count Floyd.

No comments:

    A very subtle and funny writer - one I've become obsessed with over the past year - in a decidedly Muriel Spark mood. Imagine The Pr...