Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Your ass will follow

I had this exact same thought the other day:


"Beyonce's new record is entitled B'Day. Apparently because it is due for release on Sept. 4, her birthday. Fair enough.

But shouldn't she have opted for a hyphen instead of an apostrophe? Because, as it stands, couldn't her record just as easily be confused with a seemingly phonetic celebration of the 'low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the external genitalia and the anus?'"


Based on the two songs I've heard from the record, it has now entered that nebulous category of "record I'd like to own but refuse to pay money for because I just know it'll be two good songs and forty minutes of crap and so I will wait until either the library or a friend gets it so I can burn it – not possessing the technology to get it free off the Internet – at which point any enthusiasm I have for the thing will look a little pathetic given that it will be, at that point, probably over a year old, and such things don't have a long shelf-life."

There are many, many records in that category.

No comments:

    A very subtle and funny writer - one I've become obsessed with over the past year - in a decidedly Muriel Spark mood. Imagine The Pr...