Monday, July 30, 2007

Wad is the what (or, late-night immature blogging)


Oddest post-script to a book review, from Alex Good's take on Bruce MacDonald's novel Coureurs De Bois:
I read this book at the same time as I was reading Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach, which I criticized for its description of Edward's semen drying to a "cracked glaze" instantly upon touching Florence's skin. In this book, Cobb's parole officer Paddy Pape falls asleep after eating dinner and masturbating, waking up at midnight to find his issue still wet on his stomach. Which by my reckoning must be at least several hours later. I find neither account credible.
Come on, you have to admire the man's spunk in raising such a loaded issue. Takes balls.

Furthermore, skeet skeet!

No comments:

    A very subtle and funny writer - one I've become obsessed with over the past year - in a decidedly Muriel Spark mood. Imagine The Pr...