Sunday, November 04, 2007

Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks

My review of Oliver Sack's new one. It's fun, if a little exhausting. (The book, not the review, which is fairly workmanlike – they can't all be winners.) An Anthropologist on Mars is still my favourite of his, though it currently resides in the category of Books I Love That I Don't Actually Own.

Next up: Pierre Bayard's How to Talk About Books You Haven't Read, and then, hopefully, a break while I make some last-minute alterations to the Promising First Novel on the right. In the spirit of the upcoming Gillers, I plan to convert all the dialogue into barely disguised lectures on humanism. Plus landscape, landscape, landscape.

After that, I may even read a couple of books without getting paid to do so. The last one of those came back in the summer some time, and I can't honestly even say what it was. (Boo hoo.)

No comments:

    A very subtle and funny writer - one I've become obsessed with over the past year - in a decidedly Muriel Spark mood. Imagine The Pr...