Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Gone into Exile

My story "Mr Harman's Wedding" – which, up until recently, was downloadable from my other site – will be published in the spring 2008 issue of Exile quarterly.

To launch the issue, I'll be reading with Zoe Whittall and others at the Dora Keogh Irish Pub on the Danforth on June 3. Details here.

In AWOT news, Alex Good posted a slightly extended version of his review on GoodReports, and the novel got mentioned in the "Book Hound" column of the Comox Valley Echo.

To get away from books for second, I have to note that this is great stuff. Fela is a near-constant in my musical diet, but all the driving I've been doing over the past month or so has got me back onto side-length grooves that stretch and stretch without snapping.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello:

Hope you're well. Cool on ya for being an "Exile": I can't find the story on your site, though. Help. Also, tell us what you're reading. Those are good bits.

Best-est,

Ross

nathan said...

You can't find the story on my site because it was available "up until recently." As in, not any more.

I find drive-by snark and blatant self-promotion easier than what-I'm-reading posts at the moment, but I will do what I can.

    A very subtle and funny writer - one I've become obsessed with over the past year - in a decidedly Muriel Spark mood. Imagine The Pr...